- ASTER GDEM is operating normally.
Currently, time required to prepare for backlog is several hours.
- ASTER GDEM Version 2 was released (October 17, 2011).
- From October 16, 2009, up to 1000 tiles became selectable.
100 tiles are downloadable at a time.
However, in case of downloading more than 100 tiles, the 101st or later tiles are temporarily recorded as backlog and then processed for download when the resources of ASTER GDEM system are open.
Checking your backlog status and getting downloadable backlog tiles are available on "Backlog reference" page.
To a user having registered an email address correctly, Download Notice is sent to its registered email address.
Please note that all the downloadable tiles will be automatically cancelled unless download is completed within 72 hours after receipt of the Download Notice.
- Batch download of 100 tiles was restarted (August 27, 2009).
In the utilization of batch download of 100 tiles, general guidelines for the shortest time regarding downloading tiles are as below:
1. Waiting time until start of download: 15 minutes
2. Time to download tiles: 40 minutes
If the ASTER GDEM server is busy due to many download requests, your download session might get cut off under the circumstances.
In addition, in case of Internet Explorer, since a pop-up window of "Blocked download" is displayed at the time of downloading start, please right click its window and admit downloading. (In case of using either FireFox or Safari, such an action does not occur.)
- ASTER Global Digital Elevation Model (ASTER GDEM)
ASTER Global Digital Elevation Model (ASTER GDEM)
~ Easy-to-use topographic information of the global terrain~
- The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry of Japan (METI) and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) are collaborating on the project to develop ASTER Global Digital Elevation Model (ASTER GDEM), DEM data which are acquired by the satellite-borne sensor "ASTER" to cover all the land of the earth.
- - Links -
Japan Space Systems(J-spacesystems)
J-spacesystems, an implementing agency for ASTER Science Project and ASTER GDS Project, engages in research and development for remote sensing of environment and natural resources.
ASTER Ground Data System (ASTER GDS) Project
Overview of ASTER GDS and information on how to get ASTER products
ASTER Science Project
Overview of ASTER Science Project and information from ASTER Science Team
- If you click [ASTER GDEM] on the top of all the pages in this site, you can return to Top page.
Recommended Web Browsers
- To view this site and use the services offered, we recommend you use the following operating systems and browsers.
Windows Internet Explorer 7 & 8
Windows Firefox 3
Windows Safari 4
- In browsers other than those listed above, website contents may not be displayed correctly.